Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Las Vegas Lights FC Kit Reveal - Black Jerseys

The big jersey reveal was tonight.

I have to say, I had high expectations. The club has done a lot of things right so far.

This was not one of those things.

I really really really wanted to like these jerseys. First I saw the training jerseys, which are nice. Then we saw the shorts yesterday, which were ok, if uninspiring.

Then we hit the jerseys. I'll just show them to you.








w them in


First off, yes that is Freddy Adu up there. I wrote a post about it when he trialled, but I'll post something more later.

Second, I'm not going to lie, my first impression was "Tron meets Grandpa's suspenders." I get the idea - Las Vegas, neon lights, etc, etc. The execution, though, leaves a lot to be desired. There's just a lot going on. It looks like the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, but somehow not as cool. 

I do like the smiley face on the inside. That's a fun little feature. But still. 

Finally, black jerseys? Really? I mean, for starters, there are TONS of teams in the U.S. with black as a primary color (D.C., LAFC, even Raiders and Knights in the same town). Also, we are in the desert. In the summer. Black is going to be really, really, hot to play in. And all of the promo material was light blue and bright yellow. Which would be cool, unique, and just overall better.

Long story short on this one, I was hoping for a lot more. Oh well. Maybe the away jerseys will be better. And if not, I guess I won't be too tempted to buy a jersey this year. Maybe I'll get one of those training kits I like so much...

No comments:

Post a Comment