Thursday, March 15, 2018

Las Vegas Lights Away Jersey Reveal

Last night the team held a season kick-off event, where they revealed the team's away kit for the season. Here's what it looks like:



Well, to start off on a positive, I do like it better than the home kit. It's am improvement in that (a) it's not black, and (b) its piping doesn't remind me of suspenders.




However, I still think that overall, this kit designer just has a bit too much going on. In my opinion, the best soccer kits have a simple pattern: step 1 - choose a base color for the jersey; step 2 - choose one (and only one) other color for the pattern (i.e. a sash, different colored sleeves, whatever). Then the rest of the design should come in the details - the color, the trim, the texture, etc. etc.


If you try to do too much it ends up looking like the 90s MLS kits, or like the fresh prince of bel-air. It just ends up looking indecisive ("oh man that's cool, let's add that, and that too, and wouldn't that be awesome, let's throw that in as well").

I think that is kind of where we have ended up with the Lights jerseys this year.

All that said, I do like this jersey better than the home kit. It does only have three colors, rather than the 70 or whatever that the home kit has going on.

To be honest though, this is one of the few times when the goalkeeper kit is probably the best of the bunch.

Give me one of those over the outfielder jerseys any day.

In fact, I'd kind of prefer to forego all of them and just get myself a training kit:


Anyways, that's enough about the jerseys for now. We have our first real, official, non-friendly game of the season coming up this weekend. Look our for a preview post about that tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment